WatchMyDC supports observability of cloud services (i.e. Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure & Google Cloud Services) along with on premise infrastructure and applications. This article provides a guideline on the procedure of adding cloud services for observability & automation.
The user needs to integrate with the cloud services account prior to adding cloud services for observability and automation. This article shows the details step of integrating an AWS account:
WatchMyDC Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Services integration are on the roadmap.
STEP 01: Add Regions & Services
- Sign to WatchMyDC Dashboard
- Navigate to 'Operations' > 'Configuration Center' > 'Cloud Services' > 'AWS'
- Navigate to 'Services'
- Click on 'Add New Region' and add a Region from the discovered Region list by clicking on 'add' next to Region name (example: 'eu-west-1')
- It will create a menu of services on the panel with the title of the selected Region (i.e. 'eu-west-1')
- Click on 'Add New Services' from the dropdown in the menu (example: EC2 or S3)
STEP 02: Add Metrics
- Navigate to 'Observability' > 'Monitoring' > 'Cloud Services' > 'AWS'. Services added on STEP 01 will be seen here as Icons with the fields:
- Service Name
- Alarms Detected
- Metrics Under Observation
- Related Number of Playbooks
- Click on 'Details' for a service, the primary drawer should appear sliding from right
- Click on 'Edit' and then 'Add', the secondary drawer should appear.
- Add one or more of below four types of cards by clicking on the plus icons, it will amend configurable card details.
- Pie Chart
- Line Chart
- Bar Chart
- Provide a user defined 'Title:'
- Select the 'Dimension'. Each dimension represents a service instance.
- Select the 'Metric name:' from the list of populated list as provided by the cloud service provider, example: AWS CloudWatch Service.
- Click on the 'tick icon' to save the metric, the secondary metrics drawer will close.
- Click on the 'Save' button on primary drawer. The added cards with loaded metric information & data will be displayed on the primary drawer.
- Click anywhere on the screen to close the primary drawer.
- Click on the service 'Details' button anytime to observe the configured metrics.